What types of personal data do we collect?
“Personal Data” are data that identify you as an individual or relate to an identifiable individual, including:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Social media account ID
How do we collect Personal Data?
We and our service providers collect Personal Data in a variety of ways, including:
Through the Services
- We collect Personal Data through the Services, for example, when you sign up for a newsletter, or register an account to access the Services.
- We collect Personal Data from you offline, e.g., attend one of our trade shows, or correspond with us by phone or otherwise.
From Other Sources
- We receive your Personal Data from other
sources, for example:
- publicly available databases
- joint marketing partners, when they share the information with us;
- If you connect your social media account to your Services account, you will share certain Personal Data from your social media account with us, for example, your name, email address, photo, list of social media contacts, and any other information that may be or you make accessible to us when you connect your social media account to your Services account.
How do we use your Personal Data?
We and our service providers use Personal Data for legitimate business purposes including:
Providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling your requests.
- To provide the Services’ functionality to you, such as arranging access to your registered account, and providing you with related customer service.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfil your requests, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments or complaints, or when you request a quote for or other information about our Services.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials and facilitating social sharing.
- To send you investor-related notifications and marketing related emails, with information about our services, new products and other news about our company.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
We will engage in this activity with your consent. ·
Analysis of Personal Data for business reporting and providing personalized services.
- To measure and understand the effectiveness of the content we serve to you and others and to analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Services.
- To better understand you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
- To ensure content from the Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
- To better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Services that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
We will provide personalized services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
Allowing you to participate in internal competitions.
- We may offer you the opportunity to participate in internal competitions.
- Some of these competitions have additional rules containing information about how we will use and disclose your Personal Data.
We use this information either with your consent or to manage our contractual relationship with you.
Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Data.
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Data, so that they will no longer be considered Personal Data. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
We will engage in this activity because we have a legitimate interest.
Accomplishing our business purposes.
- For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Services;
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements;
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- For developing new products and services;
- For enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services;
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users;
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users; and
- For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests;
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
How do we share your Personal Data?
We disclose your Personal Data:
- You can consult the list and location of our affiliates by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org
To our third party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us.
- These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
By using the Services, you may elect to disclose Personal Data
- On message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and content (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We also use and disclose your Personal Data as necessary or appropriate, especially when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
To comply with applicable law.
- This can include laws outside your country of residence.
To respond to requests from public and government authorities.
- These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
To cooperate with law enforcement.
- For example, when we respond to law enforcement requests and orders.
For other legal reasons.
- To enforce our terms and conditions; and
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
In connection with a sale or business transaction.
- We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Data to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings) Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring entity and its advisors.
Where do we store your Personal Data?
Your Personal Data may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you understand that your data will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Data.
If you are located in the EEA: Some of the non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here. For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission to protect your Personal Data.
The security of your Personal Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact” section below.
How long do we store your Personal Data?
We will retain Personal Data for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which they were obtained and consistent with applicable law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
What are my rights about my Personal Data?
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Data
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Data for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
- Receiving electronic communications from us: If you no longer want to receive investor-related or marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by contacting us at: email@example.com.
- Our sharing of your Personal Data with affiliates for their direct marketing purposes: If you would prefer that we discontinue sharing your Personal Data on a going-forward basis with our affiliates for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our sharing of your Personal Data with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes: If you would prefer that we discontinue sharing your Personal Data on a going-forward basis with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing by contacting us at: email@example.com.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
How you can access, change or delete your Personal Data
If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Data that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Data for purposes of transmitting them to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Data you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Data suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Data. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes.
Questions and complaints
In the event that you have a question about how we process your Personal Data or wish to make a complaint, please contact us in the ﬁrst instance at email@example.com and we will do our utmost to deal with your request as soon as possible.
If you are an individual in the EU, you may also lodge a claim with a data protection authority for your country or region, or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs.
What about privacy on other sites?
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as LinkedIn, any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Data you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
Use of Services by minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from individuals under 16.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Data (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
16225 Park Ten Place Suite 500 Houston, Texas 77084
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.
If you do not accept the use of these cookies, please disable them using the instructions in this cookies policy, by following the ‘opt-out’ links provided below or by changing your browser settings so that cookies from the Website cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a certain webpage. Cookies are then sent back to the originating webpage on each subsequent visit, or to another webpage that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are widely used in order to make the Website work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the Website.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. Cookies may tell us, for example, whether you have visited the Website before or whether you are a new visitor. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
- First party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device.
- Third party cookies, which are served by a third party on our behalf. We use third party cookies for functionality, performance / analytics, advertising and social media purposes.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are ‘session cookies’, meaning that they exist only while your browser is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are ‘permanent cookies’, meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. They can be used by the Website to recognize your computer when you open your browser and browse the internet again.
- track traffic flow and patterns of travel in connection with the Website;
- understand the total number of visitors to our Website on an ongoing basis and the types of internet browsers (e.g. Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer) and operating systems (e.g. Windows or Mac OS) used by our visitors;
- monitor the performance of the Website and to continually improve it;
- customize and enhance your online experience; and
- enable us and third parties to advertise both on and off this Website.
What types of cookies do we use?
The types of cookies used by us and our partners in connection with the Website can be classified into one of five categories, namely ‘essential Website cookies’, ‘functionality cookies’, ‘analytics and performance cookies’, ‘advertising cookies’, and ‘ social media cookies’. We’ve set out some further information about each category, and the purposes of the cookies we and third parties set in the following table.
To find out more information about how to block any of these cookies, please see the instructions set out in ‘How to control or delete cookies’ below.
|Type of cookie
|What it does
|Cookies necessary for essential Website purposes
|These cookies are essential to provide you with the Website and any services available through this Website and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas.
|Functionality cookies record information about choices you’ve made and allow us to tailor the Website to you. These cookies mean that when you continue to use or come back to the Website, we can provide you with our services as you have asked for them to be provided. For example, these cookies allow us to: Save your language preference Remember settings you have applied, such as layout, text size, preferences, and colors; Store accessibility options.
|Performance / Analytics Cookies
|We use performance/analytics cookies to analyze how the Website is accessed, used, or is performing in order to provide you with a better user experience and to maintain, operate and continually improve the Website. For example, these cookies allow us to: Better understand our Website visitors so that we can improve how we present our content; Test different design ideas for particular pages, such as our homepage; Collect information about Website visitors such as where they are located and what browsers they are using; Determine the number of unique users of the Website; Improve the Website by measuring any errors that occur; and Conduct research and diagnostics to improve product offerings.
|Social Media Cookies
|On some pages of our Website, third parties that provide applications through our Website may set their own anonymous cookies in order to track the success of their applications or customize applications for you. For example, when you share an article using a social media sharing button on our Website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus), the social network that has created the button will record that you have done this. Because of how cookies work, we cannot access these cookies, nor can the third parties access the data in cookies used by us. Some pages of our Website may also contain embedded content, such as video content from YouTube, and these sites may set their own cookies.
Other technologies used
How to control or delete cookies
Most browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, otherwise you should use the “Help” option in your browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS.
Need more information?
If you would like to find out more about cookies and their use on the Internet, you may find the following links useful:
Cookies that have been set in the past
If you have disabled one or more Cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.
If you have any questions or comments about this cookies policy, or privacy matters generally, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or the address provided below:
16225 Park Ten Place Suite 500 Houston, Texas 77084.